BENEFITS OF AEROBIC TRAINING
BY LIAM CARMICHAEL
Why have we added an AEROBIC BUILD session to our programme?
Aerobic training is an important part of any program: From an evolutionary perspective, as humans, we are made to travel long distances and sustain work for an extended period of time. Whether your goals are longevity and vitality, increased strength, or improved endurance, aerobic work has a host of health and performance benefits.
What are the benefits?
- Aerobic training helps to move blood and lymph that then enhances detoxification and improves nutrient delivery.
- It improves the efficiency of your heart and lungs.
- It helps regulate your blood sugar and aids your sleep performance.
- Aerobic training helps with your mental clarity and strengthens your immune system.
- It improves recovery from your strength training between sets, within a session, and from session to session.
Aerobic training will look and feel different for everyone, but there is one thing that every aerobic program has in common – it should be performed at a SUSTAINABLE & REPEATABLE pace/effort; This means that you can sustain the power output that you are working at for the duration of your workout.
Let’s BUILD that engine team!